Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sweet Lips!

A friend of mine turned me onto the Twilight series. I am a diehard Harry Potter fan so I did not want to convert my love of Harry to vampires. But the series is much much more than that! I have come to the conclusion that vampires are... dare I say… sexy! It seems a little sick to be so infatuated with a book character that will never exist except in my dreams! I never had an attraction to HP him self. My collection was just a hobby. This is all new territory in every way. I think that I will go through a bit of a morning phase when I am all complete. I have had the books for abut 3 or so weeks and am already on the 3rd of a 4 book series. But at least I will have the movies to look forward to. The first one comes out on the 21st in Springfield.
Back to Edward and Bella…Bella is a lot like me I think. (Let me know if you totally object) The more I read the more I can relate to her. Then again isn’t that what the author (Stephanie Meyer) wanted? What is a good book if you can’t relate to the characters? I long for the small things in the book. I want to read on and on about the love in the book, forget the action and danger that is lurking in every corner. I want the passion, small talk riding in the car, and the lying together in meadows.
It has taken me 20 years of hating reading and thinking that I was bad at it to realize that I need romance novels in my life. I never liked reading, I think because from first grade on I was told what to read and all the choices were terrible. I think ruined me from pursuing reading on my own. Plus have you been to our library? Talk about not reading! I take one step into that place and need a paper bag to inhale and exhale into. I don’t know where to start, where to look, or what to look for. I admire you if you have the time to poke through all the books there. Further more have the luck to checkout a good one on a whim! I would be so proud of myself it I could accomplish all of that in one visit!
Thanks again for your time. XOXOXO

1 comment:

nathalie bearden said...

you can thank me again for sharing edward with you. and yes you are much like bella. i wonder if bella hatins hugging to??? lol!