Monday, November 3, 2008

What a Day Off

Today was the perfect day in South West Missouri to have the day off! I spent the day at my leisure...sleeping in, coffee only breakfast, and minimal makeup. I went to some local stores to replenish my fabric stash then to Pier One to browse. I love their napkins for sewing things with, they are the perfect size and price! (75% off!) After that I met my sister for a photo shoot! It was so fun and maybe morbid. I love the trees this time of year, and the perfect ones happen to be at one of our local cemeteries.

This is Orlena (or-lean-a). She is the girl with the yellow hair and the century old dress. Her name means Golden in ancient American.



This is Fayola. She is the girl with the intricate stitching and dark skin.
Her name means Lucky or gifted in African.


This is Koral. She is the girl with the funky shoes and sassy dress. Her name means richly red and originated in the English language.





This is Laila (lay-la). She is the oldest of the girls. Her name means dark haired beauty in Persian.



This is Gwen. She is a gift to my new friend Nathalie. She is extra special to me. Her name means light and blessed.


All the girls played all day until the sun began to set. It was the perfect day off to piddle and play! The day ended with dinner and my first blog post ever! Enjoy.

The End

2 comments:

m*b*tweens said...

Hey sounds like a fun day off! All your dolls look great. I want to go shopping with you to find fabric so I can make one of those dolls. I will see you tomorrow at work...after I vote!!
~mandy

nathalie bearden said...

i love all of the girls!!! ashley you are awesome!!!! i will post tomorrow about our doll making days! speaking of doll making days, we need another cutting day. your girl is almost ready. we need to take them to a tea party at the tea room! love you much!